Loyalist College and the Loyalist College Student Government provide lockers to all registered full time and part time day students to store their belongings safely on campus. The mandatory ancillary fee for lockers goes toward the upkeep and refurbishment of lockers. Lockers are maintained by the College’s Athletics Department.
The following terms and conditions apply to locker use.
- Students requiring a locker will place their own lock on a vacant locker and will then use the myLoyalist portal to register their locker number
- Lockers on the Loyalist College Campus are the property of Loyalist College and are subject to applicable policies
- Registered full time and part time day Loyalist Students are entitled to use lockers at no charge
- Students may not use more than one locker at a time
- Students must provide their own locks
- Students must use myLoyalist portal to unregister their locker in the event that it is no longer being used
- Use of the locker by a person other than to whom it is registered is forbidden
- Loyalist College reserves the right to open a locker with or without the consent of the student who occupies the locker in case of an emergency situation or in the instances where locker policies and or procedures are being abused
- Flammable materials, dangerous chemicals, explosives, ammunition and prohibited weapons of any kind are prohibited inside lockers
- Illegal or controlled substances such as drugs or alcohol are also strictly prohibited
- The student is responsible for the replacement and/or repair of the lockers as a result of misuse
- Loyalist College and the Loyalist College Student Government are not responsible for the loss or damage of any items stored in your locker
- From time to time, the College has to perform renovations. Students using lockers in areas under renovation will be notified by posted notice and may use a locker in the nearest available location
- Students may request a lock be removed if they have registered their locker. Monday to Friday, between 07:30 AM and 4:30 PM, students shall contact the Athletics Department. Outside of these hours they should contact Security. Students shall provide their full name, photo ID, student number, and an accurate description of the locker’s contents
- Locks are not to be left on unused lockers, as this would reduce the number of lockers available to students
- In order to allow for summer cleaning and maintenance of lockers all students are to vacate them by June 15th. Contents will only be held for 14 days after removal. After 14 days the contents will become the property of Loyalist College and disposed of as it sees fit. Any contents left in the locker will be considered abandoned and will be discarded without further communication to the student.
- Belongings left in the locker after June 15th can only be released to the registered occupier of the locker
Loyalist College will send an email to remind students when they must vacate their locker.
Any violation of these policies and/or procedures will result in the suspension of locker privileges.